Van: Liam [mailto:liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Verzonden: donderdag 17 maart 2005 23:58
Aan: LScharpen@xxxxxxx
CC: code2@xxxxxxx; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Re: Connection Problems

If you're running a firewall like ZoneAlarm, for example, make certain
that both "eSignal Data Manager" (winros.exe) and "ws" (winsig.exe) have
internet access.

There was a period when my setup did not reconnect consistently until I
found one of those two was not in the Program Control section of
ZoneAlarm with Trusted Access.

If one is not there, then just add it.  Both are found in the eSignal
folder.  C:\Program Files\eSignal\winros.exe for example.

LScharpen@xxxxxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 3/17/2005 1:41:22 PM Pacific  Standard Time,
code2@xxxxxxx
> writes:
> I have been experiencing the same  problem lately.  Global Server just
> does not reconnect.  I have to  shut it down and restart it manually.
>
> I think it's an eSignal problem,  because the odd time when I do lose
> Internet access, Global Server simply  reconnects automatically when
> Internet access resumes.
----
> --------------
>
> I've also had a few instances of the 'connectivity loss' recently.  In
all
> cases these events have been associated with first a loss of connection
to my
> cable internet provider.  In some instances with loss of internet
connection,
> when it returns eSignal reconnects automatically and also  communicates
with
> Global Server.  But in a few instances, when the cable  internet
connection is
> reestablished, eSignal doesn't 'reconnect' (easily noted  by the eSignal
icon
> remaining red).  When this happens, the  only  solution which has worked
for
> me has been to shut down and restarat Global  Server and Trade Station.
Who