Re: TradeStation2000i Trial

>>If you see it as "ripping of" then that's your way of looking at it.
>>I don't think any vendor is selling the software with Omega support
>>and it's widely known that Omega does not support it anymore so
>>every buyer knows what he is buying. That's not a ripoff in my textbook.

I don't care who buys it, I simply sent out a heads up. That's where the
"caveat emptor" comes in.

>>Buggy. I am working with TS2000i for about 5 years now i think and
>>have never had any "problems" with bugs. It probably depends on how
>>you use it. Ofcourse, sometimes something goes wrong but show me
>>any software with the capabilities of TS2000i that does not have that.
>>I have much more problems with the other software i use that does
>>have support.

Got you there Henri, I've been using TS2Ki since it's introduction around
March, 1999. Before that I used TS4 more years than I remember. I also
helped beta test SC2.1, so I've been around Omega well over ten years. If
you've been on this list that long, you're aware of how Omega turned it's
back on TS2Ki clients when they decided to become a broker instead of a
software vendor. They left us with buggy, unfinished software. Check the
Omega archives for bug reports.

>>Why buy a car ? Because it will bring you from A to B. You don't buy
>>it because you want an upgrade for the engine and bigger wheels and
>>whatever fancy stuf you can think of. If you buy TS2000i you know
>>what you are getting. A good piece of software that works for the
>>european markets. For that it's still one of the best (if not the best)
>>out there.

Apples and oranges. We aren't talking cars here. But if you insist, we
aren't talking bigger engine or wheels, we're talking software that's
unfinished. You wouldn't buy a car without a transmission, would you? And
you certainly wouldn't buy it if there was no chance of ever getting a
transmission.

>>It will have support from the vendor.

Who will do nothing about upgrades or bug fixes.

>>wasting money... don't think the people that made money using TS2000i
>>agree with you there. (i am one of those)

People who brag about their trading ability on this list should be prepared
to offer proof. As a long time lister, you must be aware of that.

>>Yes, why not. Maybe because then you would have nothing to do in
>>the omega list ?

Silly boy. I still use TS2Ki because I have a HUGE investment in learning
to use the program and buying/developing EasyLanguage code. And most
importantly, I've learned to work around the bugs. As a VERY experienced
user, I can't recommend anyone pick up a new copy and try to learn to use
it and EasyLanguage unless it's just a stepping stone to the brokerage. And
it's a very EXPENSIVE stepping stone. Take it or leave it, all I can do is
offer the advice, it's your money.