Re:Off Topic - TradeStation Crashing

We are talking three different things here.

TS4 runs high CPU.  It doesn't crash much.

TS2ki will run a high CPU if you collect emini data as a futures
contract.  This is because TS2ki can't collect volume in the futures
setup but it can in index and stock.  Ts2ki crashes for lots of
reasons one would be if you run very high CPU for a very long time.
This is because your machine can't keep up.  The data coming in is
stored in a cache but if it doesn't catch up it blows up.  Ts2ki
mostly crashes due to how we mess it up.  We change workspaces a lot
and it gets corrupt.  We can overload it using too many indicators
especially ones set to update every tick.  It can crash because data
is corrupt.  It is simply a bug up piece of crap but I like it.

TS6, 7 and now 8 are pretty much TS2ki without the Global Server.
Some bugs are fixed.  Maybe most.  If you are crashing I will bet it
is because of what I say above on TS2ki.

As to what you need to run TS2ki or 8 it is more than you need for
TS4.  I'm running dual PIII 850 mhz 512 RAM.  I have it running on a
P4 at 2+ gig no hyperthreading and it works fine.  If you are going to
run corrupt stuff and you will sooner or later then no computer will
run it forever.  If you run several workspaces and lots of charts with
indicators then my old dual 850 wont cut it but a new dual will and a
high speed processor with hyperthreading will run it great also.  Will
until say a workspace goes corrupt.  The guys with TS8 that are
crashing need to build new workspaces first off.  If you crash
shutting the processes down will work but not like a reboot will.  It
might just get you through the day is all.  Guessing there a bit but
for sure it is that way in TS2ki.  It is due to temp files and perhaps
stuff I don't know about.  I do know a reboot it the best cure.

So I would say if you can get hyperthreading or dual processors or if
you are trying to kill your machine then dual processors with
hyperthreading and 512 RAM to a gig minimum.

Just my opinion.

Jimmy
Keep in mind I don't proof read emails.