Off Topic - TradeStation Crashing

I recently released a "process killer" which was aimed at making it easier
for users to close PC processes that were left running due to a TradeStation
"crash".  Although I released this program due to complaints from a TS8
user, the program can be used to shut down many PC processes with a single
mouse click.  I've gotten responses from a number of TS8 users and some are
seeing TS8 "crashes" and some not.  What I strongly suspect is that the
"crashing" PC's are being overloaded to the point that TS8 finally
"crashes".  I have seen this problem on other PC's running real time data
feeds and overloading seems to be the root of problem.  A CPU can be run at
100% for a few seconds but if data is continually coming in, the CPU will
continue to get further and further behind and finally "crash".  If you are
experiencing frequent "crashes" then you need take a look at CPU Usage.  In
order to see CPU Usage, you can use Windows Task Manager for Windows NT, W2k
& XP but for the W9x Operating Systems you will need to invest $35 to get
the latest TaskInfo version http://www.iarsn.com .  IMO, and I will surely
get blasted for this, anyone running real time processes like TradeStation
should be running a dual CPU PC which requires Windows NT, W2k or XP for
dual CPU control.  This does not have to cost a lot of money.  As I'm
writing this in "Lookout Express", I'm also running TradeStation 4.0 which
sucks up 100% of one CPU plus running two instances of QCharts and a number
of other programs.  The attached CPU Usage GIF shows a total usage of 58%
and TS4 is responsible for 50% of that number (note the righthand CPU is
running "full tilt").  The PC I am using is 4 years old running two 1GHz
Xeon PIII CPUs (133 MHz FSB) on Windows XP Pro and I paid $500 for it used
when it was a couple of years old.  By today's standards, this is a slow PC
but I'm running over 40% CPU Idle so all is fine.  What percentage CPU Idle
time are you running?

The message here is that if you are experiencing program "crashes", it may
not be strictly the fault of the program.

Good Trading!

~Bob