RE: Recognising a new month starting

Actually Dennis, I think I made my problem quite clear, and all the
generous replies I received were thinking along the same lines, its just
that it needed some lateral thinking to reach the right end point. I'm
sorry you weren't one of the ones that understood. I do agree with you
though that its important to be as specific as possible where computer
coding is involved.

As for your sugestion that 'date = currentdate', I beg to differ.  I'm
no expert by any means but two things sway me toward this.  First is the
very defintions described in the 2000i help files where one refer's to
TODAY's date, while the other refer's to the date of the last bar.
Secondly would be the fact that Chris's code seemed to work on my charts
for year end as I hadn't updated them as yet for any data for the new
year here on my home PC.

Regards,
Adrian