RE: Home office too homely

Cameron (and List)

I have not been able to implement all of these in my Home Office yet,
but this is my plan.

1. Make sure there is a Lock on the Office Door (and Use it)
2. Post a Schedule on the Door (When you can be "interrupted")
3. Adhere to your "Office Hours" (takes lots of Discipline)
4. Take your "Coffee Breaks/Lunch" with the people at Home
5. Don't let the Office be used for anything else (if at all possible)
6. Try to limit your Trading Work to certain times that are Scheduled
7. Try to do something "Active" when you get out of the Office
(Household duties or workout)
8.  Have a short amount of time Scheduled to go back in the Office for
Planning the next day's actions (set up computer for
Downloads/maintenance/Backup/Anti Virus/Spam, Enter Next Day's Orders)

The first three are to set up the "rules" for interrupting me when I am
working.  Number 4 is to try and keep the folks at home happy that you
are still spending some time with them during the day - be it lunch time
or breaks.  Number 5 is to try and keep everyone thinking that the
Office is not just another room in the house.  Number 6 is so I can have
time deadlines of getting things done (cause we all know, that without a
deadline, nothing would get done).  Number 7 is so I can start getting
active after sitting on my *** all day long.  Also it gains you points
if you can "take out the Garbage/cut the Lawn/Empty the Dishwasher/..."
as a regular thing right after work.  It can also help reduce your
stress/tension if it is a good physical activity.  I also find it helps
me think about my day so I can plan for next day.  Number 8 is for
setting up/executing/logging, but don't start something new or take too
long.

Just my thoughts.

Hope they help.

Blair