Re: Home office too homely

As an S&P/US equity trader, I found it acceptable to sit in front of the
computer from
9:30 to 4:15- but since trading 24hour forex- I just about lost my mind.
(and any
semblance of a normal life)
To gain back my life  (along with the companionship of my significant other)
I went out and purchased a 5.1 sound card, and a Klipsch promedia
GMX D-5.1 sound system. Comes with  5 little speakers and a bass/woofer.
Has then a total of 6 speakers, with a nice controller for your desk.
Then I went out and got 300 ft of
shielded RCA 18 gauge speaker wire, and hardwired speakers to
the bedroom, kitchen, living room, workshop. (wireless speakers hissed and
lost tuning)
Then I programmed Alerts to all my signals, or approach of indicators to all
my signals,
for buyside/sellside.  You can have any wave file designated to play upon
whatever condition is met.
Now I can spend time in the Kitchen cooking breakfasts, lunches and dinners,
do woodworking/jewelry in the workshop, and even visit the other part of the
house...
All during trading hours.  And, I only take the best signals. And boy, do I
know when they happen.
The whole house starts dinging. And I don't have to even look at the
computer if nothing is going on.
When the weather gets better, I plan on setting the one in the kitchen to
blast out the window,
so I may be found outside sunning, watering plants and such.
Working smarter and not harder.
Present girlfriend respects my boundary of the door to my office, and
instantly disappears if asked to do so.  (however, my x-wife was a
nightmare)
Educate your wife as to the need for concentration.  Ask her this question:
"if I were a brain surgeon, working on some patient in an operating room, do
you think that you
could just come on in and start up a conversation any time you wanted to?"
This solution has broken the chain
that had me attached to the computer and made life ALOT different for all
involved.

Best,
Marc