From: rftonto@xxxxxxx [mailto:rftonto@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 11:19 AM
To: Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Best environment for Portfolio Analysis; R software

Gabriel,

I had a professional programmer write dlls and C programs that link to
TS to perform portfolio and position sizing tasks.  It was much more
expensive and time consuming than either of us thought it would be but I
now have unique programs that enable me to write any system in Easy
Language and do portfolio and position sizing.  It is awesome!  Before
this project, I purchased RINA and other add on programs but none
performed as I wanted for position size and portfolio management.

I did this for myself because I am retired and do not want to do the
work to sell it commercially.  If I had known how much it would have
cost and the hundreds/thousands of hours of debugging was required, I
would have never started the project.  However, now that it is done I am
very pleased.

I am sending this post not to brag but to let you know that this is a
lot bigger project than even professional programmers realized.  Good
luck!

Russ