Re: Best environment for Portfolio Analysis; R software

Gabriel,

I had a professional programmer write dlls and C programs that link to TS to perform portfolio and position sizing tasks.  It was much more expensive and time consuming than either of us thought it would be but I now have unique programs that enable me to write any system in Easy Language and do portfolio and position sizing.  It is awesome!  Before this project, I purchased RINA and other add on programs but none performed as I wanted for position size and portfolio management.

I did this for myself because I am retired and do not want to do the work to sell it commercially.  If I had known how much it would have cost and the hundreds/thousands of hours of debugging was required, I would have never started the project.  However, now that it is done I am very pleased.

I am sending this post not to brag but to let you know that this is a lot bigger project than even professional programmers realized.  Good luck!

Russ