Re: Deleting symbols from GS based on some criteria?

Abhijit,

I would filter them by double clicking the headers for each column to
remove say all or some NASDAQ or NYSE or by name or by symbol and hold
down the control key and highlight the symbols.  You can scroll down
the list using the mouse then let off the CTRL key then drop down
until you find a new symbol to highlight then hold CTRL down and
highlight some more.  When you have a big group or all of them
highlighted then let go of the CTRL key,  right click and choose
delete symbol.

I had to delete 70,000 this way once when I used DTN Sat. and turned
on the wrong collection template.  Work great.

Jimmy

AD> I have this 7000+ stocks in GS, that I faithfully update end of the day. But
AD> honestly, at least 5000 of them just hangs around there... I have never
AD> traded them, and probably never will. They are just slowing down my
AD> analysis. Let's say I want to delete from GS all stocks that fail to meet
AD> ceratain volume & price criteria. I can get a list of such stocks in
AD> RadarScreen.. say 5000+ symbols. Is there some clever way to delete all
AD> stocks from GS that appears in that list of "no good stocks"? I can't
AD> imagine manually deleting 5000+ syms selecting them one by one cross
AD> rerefencing some list  8 (

AD> O Gurus.. how do I do I pull off this one?

AD> Abhijit

Best regards,
 Jimmy                            mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx