From: Henri Amand [mailto:h.amand@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 12:25 PM
To: omega-list
Subject: Re: HyperServer Lite vs Metasever RT

Hinton Clabaugh wrote:
> Any thoughts on which is the better choice for linking TS 2000i to the
> IB data feed? One is free, the other $99. Does the price difference
> reflect quality or features?  Thanks.

Personaly i think $99 is also very close to free considering
what the use of the program is. (you are going to take
decisions involving money based on this program, it should
never fail)

I can just tell you that the service Andrew (the developer
of Metaserver) has given me and others in the past is
more than outstanding. He keeps developing and develops
more than just Metaserver. Personaly i am more than
happy to pay him for his program.

I can just not imagine that a free program (other than
open source) can ever have a service standard that
high.

It's just what you think you will need. Need help at
setting it up ? Afraid you might ever have a machine
that does not function anymore because you installed
some stupid program that conflicts with your datafeed
program ? And so on... Afraid anything like that might
ever happen, then you better pay a small price now
and hope that small price will get your problems solved
much faster if you ever have problems :-)

(because other than my own stupidity i never had any
problems with Metaserver or any of the other software
i bought from www.traderssoft.com )

greetings

henri