Getting started again with TS4

I just attempted to install my cd version of TS4 build 21 on a computer
with Windows98 operating system. I haven't used TS in several years but
wish to use it's charting capabilities again. I've forgotten the tricks
to make it work.

Although the security block is installed to LPT1 along with my Canon
printer, it comes up "security block not found" or "please install
security block"  when I initiate the offline server (I think the printer
had to be on to get it to work but it doesn't make any difference at the
moment). As I recall I had problems with this in the past but can't
remember how to correct it.  Would someone be kind enough to suggest how
I fix this problem?

I also have TS4 build 27 on CD which my notes to myself say should be
installed over build 21. If I'm just using the charting facility, is it
worth installing build 27?

Thankyou for any help you can offer.
Bob Rowlinson
Australia.