managing a trade

Thank you Dennis:

Yes, I am talking about order.   Now that market is closed, I can open up IB
and take a detail look at their order.

(1)  thank you for pointing out my mistake here. Long & short is to describe
a position ONLY.  I was mixing them up with actions.

(2)  Yes, I will get confirmation after each order.  I will need to email IB
(or do you know any other place) if they will allow papertrading, and still
send confirmation, and true accounting of portfolio so that I know if I can
proceed with real money?   I intend to papertrade until my account is in the
positive.

(3) I heard OCA, Bracket orders, don't know how they work, but is it always
better to hold Stop Loss and Profit Target in 2 separate orders so that I
have BETTER control of which to cancel?

(4) You are VERY right.  I have NO good reason to pick BUY 1090 Limit and
even though the trade works out today, I think I should work on exits.   I
will go into this archive to hear some of the pro's opinion on CLOSING
positions.   Perhaps we will hear more back from this lists as to what and
how they determine 'closing positions'?

Have a nice weekend, Dennis, and list!

RR