From: Tony [mailto:acjhopst@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 4:37 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: EOD stock data made EZ

On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:22:57 -0500, you wrote:

>yes, but this is just like the tools from hquotes.com. It has 2 problems
>
>1) Stocks need to be eyeballed. Can't run radarscreen on 3rd party
metastock
>data. Granted, I want to eyeball it before placing trades, but it's nice
for
>the radarscreen to scan 7000 symbols and give me like 100 to look at.
>
>2) Speed - all these tools get data from yahoo or somewhere else via http
>requests. 7000 http requests, no matter how you cut it takes a lot of time.
True.
Luckily I'm only intrested in a few 100 high volume charts :-)
Besides of that I don't care to much about the speed.
It's a nice nightly task :-)

>If you get just a file per exchange, you can get your download done in <1
>minute vs. something potentially a lot more.
It's just one day per file...
Lycos allows upto 10 years back.

>Now only hope eoddata.com doesn't go away  8 )
Now only hope you also write some tool to import MetaStock data into GS :-)

Happy trading,
Tony