Re[2]: A peek inside Tradestation.com

Hello Matt,

It's called front-running and has existed since the beginning of time.

If anything, there may be some dishonest computer nerds working in the
back offices of brokerages/exchanges snooping around for their own
benefit.

It's possible that the advent of computers and the internet, and the
apparent loss of trader anonymity may have tempted some institutions to
develop automated methods to shake out weak hands in real time, to
supplement their regular commissions income, since trading has become
more accessible and popular and because most traders slowly bleed to
losses.

But institutional front-running of the best traders can't work because
the best traders will know instantly as their slippage increases and
performance fades.  They'll change their tactics and cloak themselves.

-F