Re: A peek inside Tradestation.com - what would it show?

> The very successful "little guys" I know change brokers a lot.  They
> also are not little guys for very long.  One little guy I know has
> been known to take a large position with his main broker and let it
> hammer him really really badly while he has it hedged at another
> broker.  A really good trader will know fairly quickly if someone is
> on to his trading.

Yes, I can understand that an extremely profitable scalping or hedging method, would need this type
of protection. (Whish I had one :-)

>Also how do you build a system to do what someone
> is doing.  You would have no clue what he uses to trade with.  Well
> you might say Tradestation could pull it out of his computer using
> TS7.  Maybe so but several really good traders I know don't have a
> fully mechanical system.  I also don't know any really successful
> traders using TS7.  Not to say there aren't any but I don't know them.
>Jimmy

I should have made it clearer that I was thinking about tradestation.com, where they execute their
Tradestation2000 subscribers automated orders. How very easy it must be for the Cruz Bros to scan
for the most sucessful accounts and analyse those traders actions, and extract their combined
sentiment (regardless if those traders use mechanical systems or not).
Could be done at any broker, ofcourse, but here it's already laid out in their main computer, ready
for printing.
Plus that they probably have a clientbase that puts more effort into developing systems, than the
average "phone-in" broker would have. I mean, since the Tradestation automated brokerage is one of
the most advanced platforms the "little guys" have access to, one would think there must some of
the smartest traders using it.

It's just an esotheric question, that we'll probably never get an answer to. When would any broker
ever admit to peeking at trades and results of his customers. I'm only speculating that the Cruz
brothers are probably some of the few people who knows what the realworld sucess rate is for the
dedicated "little guys", and at what level the realworld risk-of-ruin lays. I just want to know
what the Cruz's know :-)

Sigge