Re: To MarkBrown: Real-time datafeeds in Python

At 12:36 AM 5/7/2004, Alex Matulich wrote:

>>This is easy if you build our own buy/sell functions. Pretty simple. Conceptually:
>>
>>   Buy  XXX shares of Data(YYY) next bar at market
>>   Sell XXX shares of Data(YYY) next bar at market
>
>You can do that?  I honestly didn't know that.  I learn something new
>every day.  Is this a TS7 feature only, or also TS2000i?
>
>>You also need to call an "ExecuteOrders" function at the top of the
>>code to actually modify the positions.
>
>Hm... I don't see that anywhere in TS2000i.

I will reply in detail later but I wanted to clear up a misunderstanding.

The Buy/Sell functions I referred to are my own functions that have nothing to do with the TradeStation commands. I keep track of the portfolio arithmetic in the functions.

Pretty simple really...

Bob Fulks