Re: Uptick: Tick-based futures trading engine .NET or Java

>As regards graphics toolkits for Python, there are quite a few. One of the
>best is called wxPython (http://wxpython.org/). Just have a look at the
>screenshots there, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the cool
>user interfaces that this toolkit makes easy to program. Things are done the
>Python way here, in just a few lines of code!

That's actually a GUI toolkit for designing the way your program
interacts with the user through graphical widgets.  It's probably
the best one available.  It looks at least as good as anything I've
seen for Java.

However, it's not a *charting* toolkit.  It's not hard to develop
one's own, though.  And there seem to be others available.

>There are also excellent UI designers available for wxPython, such as
>wxDesigner (http://www.roebling.de/) and BoaConstructor
>(http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/).

-Alex