Re: Uptick: Tick-based futures trading engine .NET or Java

Hi Alex,

isn't it strange how we are now speaking of Java code as "legacy code", when
only a brief 6 years ago Java was still considered a grassroots movement?

But I do agree with your analysis. In fact, as a former computer scientist
turned trader I have lived through the COBOL-C-C++ transitions just as you
describe them. (I even know COBOL which makes me feel like I'm 100 years
old).  I made the move from Java to Python about two years ago, and
immediately fell in love with that powerful, terse, yet easy to use,
language. There is no doubt in my mind that programmers around the world
will soon  see the benefits.

Best regards,

Michael