Re: Link from TS7/8 to Excel

Russ,

you can do it yourself from within Excel if your data-provider-software on
your pc supports DDE. To find out wether an appl. supports DDE you can use (I
think) either ddespy.exe form MS or - I think, but I don't know - DDSStudio
from
	http://www.angelfire.com/biz/rhaminisys/ddstudio.html

DDE orders are bulit as follows:
	order service topic item [value].

KIM (last year posted here:)
>See http://search.esignalcentral.com/ and type in 'DDE' for more info.
>In brief, you'll have to set up a DDE Link in the Excel Spreadsheet to feed
>the last price for each symbol. This what the DDE Link looks like for the
>emini S&P (ES M4)
>=winros|LAST!'ES M4'
>Type this formula into a cell in your Excel worksheet. Obviously, you will
>need to replace 'ES U3' with your symbol (BTW - If the symbol does not
>contains any spaces, you won't need the apostrophes).
>You'll probably also need the date/time and the total number of transactions
>so that you only execute the code if/when these change.
>There is a list of other fields available via DDE. Search under the HELP
>menu in your eSignal for 'DDE topics' to see a full list.

where
	winros = service
	LAST = topic
	'ES M4' = item (If the symbol does not contains any spaces,
		you won't need the apostrophes)

(I don't know where the order is orders are there are only a few orders:
hat advise = new value if changed
warm advise = s.th. changed [no value]
unadvise = end hot/warm advise
request = requested value