OT : Dumb spam blockers

I received an email from a certain individual from this list, who is using
some sort of spam blocking tool, which is generating automated replies to my
post, requiring me to reply to that message to get the privilege of finally
arriving the individuals inbox. (Man.. am I honored!)

I also suspect I wasn't the only one either... this must be being sent out
to many other posters on this list? Isn't there some sort of protocol on
this list to stop (at least the list members) using bot's to send email to
other members?

I hit delete when the "confirmation request" mail landed in my inbox, of
course.

Abhijit