Re: Need fixed StandardError function

Gary,

> The StandardError function in TS2k suffers from the same error as  many
> of TS's stat functions:  they do subtractions of two large
> numbers to get a small result, which combined with TS's single-
> precision math results in horrifically inaccurate results or
> divisions by zero.  Obviously TRAD's programmers never took a
> basic computational-accuracy course.

I always wondered why the calculations are single-precision.  That always
seemed stupid to me.

> Once upon a time I rewrote the StdDev function to avoid this
> problem, but my attempts to do so for StandardError are only
> somewhat successful.

Isn't standard error exactly the same as the standard deviation of the
distances of values from a regression line?  Then you could just calculate
the differences, and use your own version of StdDev to solve the standard
error.

-Alex