From: jon [mailto:jonmac@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 2:47 PM
To: omega
Subject: Re: Awesome experience with Disc cloning software

Clones, it seems are ideal for quick recover. However, are there not a
couple of points not considered;
  #1 In keeping a series of say the last 3 images, then say where a
  virus has been picked up, one can go further back in the series to
  backup from.

  #2 Well this really relates to images as well; What is the case with
  software registrations that are based on what hardware is on the
  machine. While I don't know how to identify these, what happens in
  the case of having to backup to a new harddrive? Maybe the programs
  don't wish to work, or XP says "our office is closed for the day,
  please call again tomorrow to reactivate" ?

Maybe clones for day to day backups, plus a weekly image to add to
the series. Where does it end? Seems both Casper & Duocor don't make
images?

Has anyone success with making images or clones from RAID-0 to a
single backup drive?

note: just found on the Duocor site; "Yes, our technology is
compatible with Microsoft's Product Activation Code".

--
Best regards,
 jon                           mailto:jonmac@xxxxxxxxxxx

---