Re: QuantStudio

> That would be true if you were comparing softwares that both accurately did
> their work.

> It is when you start using it as a SYSTEM TESTING Platform
> does it become a danger to your pocket book.

That's a rather extreme point of view.

Yes, there are some gotchas you need to be aware of when using TS for
system building, testing and trading. However, they pale in comparison
to the potential gotchas of using something like C to build a system
"from scratch." Most of the gotchas have nothing to do with TS but
rather with having a thorough understanding of how to properly build and
test a system. If you can't figure out how to make TS work (it's really
pretty simple), I seriously doubt you'll do any better with a more
complex tool. More likely, you'll just dig yourself a deeper hole.

Now, if you understand how to use TS properly and find you need more
power than it offers, that's another matter. Then it's time to shop
elsewhere.

--
  Dennis