RE: looking for disk copy/clone software

Will System Guardian back up to my  NAS drive (Snap Appliance)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Hinton Clabaugh [mailto:clabaugh@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 10:44 AM
To: omega list
Subject: RE: looking for disk copy/clone software

RAID is great for a hardware failure, but if there is a software
catastrophe
it will be on both drives. System Guardian by www.duocor.com makes a
complete non-compressed clone of the main drive on a dedicated backup
drive
(or on rotating removable backup drives. I had a main drive hardware
failure
and was up and running on the (identical) backup drive in less than five
minutes.

I used to use DriveImage, but I sometimes got error messages and the
inability to restore backups. System Guardian is also many times faster
at
backing up, and, even though it backs up everything on the drive, it
doesn't
have to leave Windows or reboot.

Add me to the list of people with Ghost problems.  The best method
that solves both requests is the mirrored drives (Raid1) previously
mentioned.  There should be a way to put mirrored drives on Win98,
otherwise raid controller card retailers would have went kaput long
ago.