Re: Re[4]: QuantStudio demo available

I wanted to reply and clarify my SQ viewpoint.

I use SQ and even considered- (still in consideration) a source license.
Once you understand what SQ can do and what it is- you are a lot better off
when your expectations are set. I am a huge SQ Fan.

1st- you NEED to be a programmer- or else you are in for a shocking
struggle.

2nd- it is an excellent LIBRARY with sets of abstractions of varying
quality- mostly very good- some not so good.

3rd- most 'bugs' that I have found are not in fact 'bugs' but misue- this is
due however to the main issue with SQ

4th- poor documentation/ examples. As a higher level user- I can work
details out. If you are not a programmer- you will struggle very hard.

5th- need more data and broker implementations- need Esignal and Pats
implemented as well as a few helpful others.

These things being known- the core library is EXCELLENT. Once you know your
way around the library that is SQ- you can do a LOT. The main advantage is
that you are not limited by anything at all. I use SEVERAL 3rd party sets of
components that do things ranging from more advanced charts- to complex
nested datagrids, to drag and drop UI functionality, to statistics/ math,
etc,etc.

These are my basic thoughts- SQ is good, it is not a bug hell, but it is
short on good documentation. I would encourage ANYONE that can program and
is sick of being limited by tradestation (or whatever) to go here- it IS
limitless, manageable, standards based, not broker tied, not datafeed tied,
scaleable and more and more.

My Best,
Chris