Re: QuantStudio demo available

Well,

This is debateable- do you know any big companies auto-trading with
tradestation? I do not, however I DO ABSOLUTELY know of companies trading
ots of real $ with a 'real' programming language - c++ mostly. Once you get
to a certin level of complexity you NEED a more robust set of management,
source, change management, bug tracking etc. This CANNOT happen in a
scripting language (especially EL). I have developed and manage enterprise
class sets of developers using scripting and strong programming languages
etc. You need bigger class support all around for enterprise class trading.
I have programmed in many languages- many languages have better reusability
mechanisms than perl in every area, most specifically Java and C#. Perl is
no better than any of this other stuff- what I am hearing - is that you know
perl a bit and wish that you could use it to trade with.

http://www.activestate.com/Corporate/Initiatives/NET/Research.html?_x=1

This is a soon to come perl .net implementation. ANY .net language willl
work w/ SQ.

Also, more money comes from being able to adapt etc yes, but it also only
comes reliably with a robust set of standards- mechanisms, checks and
balances that only come from a more structured environment. This is of
course all applicable to autotrading, not so much to descretionary trading.