More than one system for an instrument

How many people here trade more than one "system" on the same instrument? I
wondered whether most develop what they consider to be the best and abandon
(or sell) the others? Do they stop testing/developing other ideas? If a new
idea produces interesting opportunities does it get integrated with other
strategies or shelved in favor of the "tried and true" system?

The reason I ask is because I have developed a system I like for a certain
instrument. I am weighing how much effort that I should expend in developing
additional systems for that instrument or whether I should consider
developing systems for other instruments. All thoughts are welcome.