Re[4]: QuantStudio demo available

Hello Ivo,

IK> Well, I can not say that we are making any money with QS yet as
IK> all our stuff is still running in TS/dll's/PHP, but WOW what a
IK> software product it is! The best comparison between TS and QS that
IK> I can think of is that TS is a mainstream sports car that you can
IK> buy from the $tealer while QS is a garage full of supercar parts
IK> out of which you can build practically anything you can possibly
IK> imagine. QS will require quite some knowledge and work from the
IK> user in order to accomplish anything. However, unlike TS,
IK> practically *anything* is possible using QS - if you want, you can
IK> program it to make your morning coffee. ;)

off the quant studio forum i read the following from a c developer. he
says the program is full of bugs, why would i try and work with it?

Joel,

Thanks for the hard work. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to do
anything in the macro editor (or VS for that matter). I managed to
import intraday data using a script that I modified from the forums
here. I could not get the import wizard to take my data (exported from
TS7). Anyhow, once my data was imported, I simply cannot get it to run
without errors. I am sure that I am doing something wrong as you seem
to have it working. I will add that I am a software developer using C#
all day every day since the beta modes of .Net. My point is that this
should all work a littl more error free and I am not struggling with
C#, it is QS .

My basic experience with ALL of this software is that there are TONS
of bugs, glitches and quirks. I will add to that by saying that you -
Joel have been GREAT and very helpful in every way. I believe in the
product, however I am mildly disappointed in the level of errors
throughout the app. Nevertheless - I would love to become
knowledgeable enough of the product that I could stop asking for
perpetual help - but I believe that it will ultimately help improve QS
for all if we can flesh out the rough spots. This is a complex set of
code in QS, so I understand that there will be issues, but .... it
feels almost like beta software to me.

My Best,
Chris

IK> My opinion about the graphics and charts is that although having
IK> graphics like TS is definitely desirable, QS is more oriented
IK> towards system traders who would rather run 50 systems on 500
IK> symbols automatically without having to ever look at any charts.
IK> QS is *not* a product for discretionary chartists - there's plenty
IK> of stuff available for them anyway.

so i guess they can just do away with charting completely, fine.

--
Thank You,
Mark Brown