Re: looking for disk copy/clone software

I can add a vote for Casper  http://www.fssdev.com/products/casperxp/

According to the web site, it can use mapped drives, I have not tried that
feature, but mapped drives are included in the drives available list.  I
have never had a problem with local drives and USB 2 drives.

I do not think that you have to turn off all programs to use Casper.  I have
never done that - also, the web site says -

Exclusive SmartWrite IIT Technology ensures copy can be made even while you
continue to use your computer*!

Richard