Re: is colographics kaput?

I do have the "latest"  (probably 3 years old) Driver for the quad Colorgfx
Evolution 4 if you'd like.
I am setting up a new system and am looking at the Matrox G450 MMS
I spoke to Matrox sales.  This is the 4 screen model they offer. I found it
on CNET shopper for 675 ish,
MFSRP is 799.
Let me know what you find out as well, RE: other stuff you mentioned.
Thanks

Best Wishes ,
Marc Miller

Subject: is colographics kaput?

> When I searched for Colorgraphics’ website to see if there was a newer
driver for an Evolution 4 board that I use for multiple monitors, it seems
as though their website (or company) is “no more.” Does anyone know what
happened to them?

> Oh well, assuming that Colographics is kaput, what do LCD screens plug
into? A standard VGA connector? Who’s running multiple LCD’s and how did you
configure it?

> A value matrix for choosing LCD screens seems to be resolution by contrast
ratio by price. For example, 1280x1024 and 600:1 and $600 (respectively).
The physical size doesn’t seem to overly matter as they can range from 15”
to 19” (and up) with the same resolution etc.

> For what it's worth, here’s a website with some cheapies! I guess thin
bezels is preferable when they’re side-by-side. What’s TFT?