Re: Is there a history downloader for DTN/IQFeed and TS2000i other than Dynastore?

  • To: "Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Is there a history downloader for DTN/IQFeed and TS2000i other than Dynastore?
  • From: Jimmy Snowden <jhsnowden@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:35:07 -0800

John,

Lets assume you don't have a hard drive or windows problem as they are
doubtful and you would see other things missing or corrupt.  Now
Tradestation is not killing off the data files so you say you changed
ISP/connections.  I have not used dynastore so I don't know what it
writes to but if it is directly to the PSD files then I would get it
working first.  Go to them for help.  A cable connection is no big
deal verses any other connection.  It is all TCP/IP.  If you get one
download then it hangs dynastore then you have some request problem.
Check with dynastore.  Does that first download actually connect and
bring in data?  Is there a proxy setting you lack?????????????  Not
knowing if the first download is actually working I would guess it is
not but persists in trying to download or connect.  Get the settings
so it can connect.  Something in the setup needs to be changed then
worry about your PDS files.

Power failure will not kill files.
History settings didn't kill off your files.

MAYBE just maybe dynastore did.  Do a search for *.dat and *.idx
files.  When Ts2ki is importing data it makes temp files until all is
finished.  Look for them.  If they are still on the drive then you
had a failure in downloading or importing.

John you are getting to the point you need to do a clean install of
windows and Tradestation.  Don't you love hearing that.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx