Re: Toby Crabel

For those not interested in purchasing the book, here's the essence of
it. A friend (fellow list member) and I were discussing it recently and
this is what I wrote. Ya'll can email me some nice crisp C-notes to show
your gratitude for all the money you saved. :-)

--
  Dennis

------------------
(Derogatory remark deleted).... It got
discussed a lot when his book was new. As I recall, the patterns people
were trying to trade were the NR7 (smallest range of the last 7 days)
and the ID/NR4 (inside day and smallest range of the last 4 days.) If
you see one of those, you assume it's getting ready to bust loose so you
trade the breakout above the high or below the low. It sorta, kinda
works, maybe, sometimes. :-)

Unverified pseudocode:

rng = high - low;
id = (high < high[1] and low > low[1]);
nr7 = (rng = lowest(rng,7));
idnr4 = (id and rng = lowest(rng[4]));

if nr7 or idnr4 then begin
  buy high+pad stop;
  sell low-pad stop;
end;

exitlong close; {or maybe market = next day's open}
exitshort close;

Or something like that.