Re: FW: e-mini day trading systems

  • To: "Ron Hudson" <ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: FW: e-mini day trading systems
  • From: Ivo Karindi <ivo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:47:21 -0800

RH> Have you ever seen someone succeed over a period of years, using 100%
RH> mechanical systems on eminis, THAT WERE COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE. Have you
RH> ever seen someone make money consistently using emini day trading systems
RH> from your site?

Hey Ron, this has been discussed in this thread already I think
several times: why are you so married to e-minis? ANY single market
you choose will have it's good days and it's bad days. Any system you
choose will have its good days and bad days. And this applies to
discretionary traders as well. The only foolproof way to make money
more or less constantly is to DIVERSIFY. And even then there will be
good days and bad days. Nothing new, but somehow I get the feeling
that you are not taking this seriously because you still keep talking
about e-minis only. If you are looking for an e-mini system that is
making continuous profits without any drawdowns, then I bet you are
not going to find this. If you are trying to prove that no-one ever
makes any profits trading e-minis mechanically, then I bet you are not
going to find that either. So what is it that you are looking for
because obviously you are looking for some answers? A successful
mechanical trading system? Well, my first suggestion would be to
DIVERSIFY. Diversify into different markets, different systems,
different timeframes. Don't expect a ruler-straight equity curve from
any of the markets or systems; you can get closer to that goal through
diversification.

For some reason I'm getting the feeling that you are a very slow
learner. 8 years of TS programming should result in more than trying
to prove your hypothesis or still trying to find a systems vendor...
In this case I'd suggest something completely different: yoga,
meditation, taking time off for yourself, travelling to remote
destinations.  You need to break out of the box that you have built
around yourself.

Ivo Karindi