RE: will TS2000i work with dual AMD Opteron processors or dual Intel Xeon processors?

  • To: "John McClung" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: will TS2000i work with dual AMD Opteron processors or dual Intel Xeon processors?
  • From: "Wyatt" <wparkinson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 07:08:28 -0800

I'm running TS 7.2 on two different single processor 32-bit Athalon machines
and it works fine.  However, I heard someone having problems with TS/Windows
XP on a 64-bit Athalon processor.  Since I bought these machines over a year
ago, I'm not sure if all Athalons now days are 64-bit.  The problem is with
the 64-bit architechture and how Windows/TS interfaces with it.  As for the
Opteron and Xeon processors, I don't know that much.  My basic
recommendation is to stick with 32-bit processors until the software catches
up to the hardware.

-- Wyatt