RE: BMI datafeed

Bob

I got the same letter, discontinuing the BMI data feed on April 30.
Supposedly, because of how great E-Signal is, "the number of BMI subscribers
has decreased dramatically".

More likely, the reason BMI subscribers "decreased dramatically," is because
E-Signal let the feed run down. It is still sending data at 19k, same as it
was 15 years ago. And I would imagine a large percent of those who left BMI
went somewhere besides E-Signal.

I also still used TS4. The only thing I like about TS2k is the power editor.
I don't know how well using TS4 with DTN works, or even if it is still
possible.

GH Meyer

-----------------------------------

Robert Scott wrote

 I have seen no mention of it on the list but the other day I received
 notification that as of April 30th the BMI satellite feed will no longer be
 transmitted to me.  I can't believe that I'm the only one still receiving
 the BMI satellite feed so maybe only the equities portion of the feed is
 being discontinued.  It's hard for me to believe that no one else on the
 list has gotten this message.  I liked the feed because even though the
data
 is filtered and suffers some lag you can still get a "warm fuzzy" because
 you are not symbol limited as you are with internet based feeds.

 ~Bob