From: Ross Bond [mailto:Ross.Bond@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: terça-feira, 20 de Janeiro de 2004 2:39
To: Omega List
Subject: What Constitutes Acceptable System Performance?

  Would anyone care to share their views on what constitutes
  acceptable system performance: what baseline values they consider
  would make a system a candidate to move from testing into real
  trading?

  (If there is interest in this thread we may need to break it into
  Position trading and Day trading.)

  I offer the following for consideration.

  Performance Statistics for Position trading:

  Statistic                  Value   Description of Stat

  Mathematical Expectancy    > 0.6  $ return for $ risked

  Opportunity * Expectancy   > 2.0  Opportunity = Trades per Year

  Win/Loss Ratio             > 2.0  [ AvgWin / AvgLoss ]

  Profit Factor              > 3.0

  Annual Return on Account   > 50%  account = [(Margin*4)+(MDD*2)]

  Net Profit to MDD Ratio    > 3.0

  Percentage DrawDown        < 30%

  Average Trade $$           > $500

  I understand that there are many performance statistics that can be
  generated.

  What I am trying to determine is:
  * what statistics are truly useful; and
  * what base values are considered acceptable.

--
Best regards,
 Ross                     mail to: Ross.Bond@xxxxxxxxxx

The information enclosed in the message | email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. [Access by anyone else is expressly unauthorized.] The content of this message may be under professional confidentiality, copyright or other legal disclosure restrictions. If you are not the intended recipient then any disclosure, copying, distribution or any other action taken in reliance upon is expressly prohibited and may be unlawful. In this case, we kindly request you to notify us to suporte.mail@xxxxxx <mailto:suporte.mail@xxxxxx> and subsequently eliminate the message and all its content.

Any opinions or advice contained in this email | message or attachments are sole responsibility of the author l sender and do not necessarily represent Banco Comercial Portugues Group

[This footnote also Confirm that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.]