RE: Tick data

I think part of the deal is picking a real-time data vendor
that will actually send you the individual ticks.
I don't know how you can extract individual ticks
from 1 second bars unless the actual ticks were sent down
the pipeline. If that is indeed the case then there's no need
to reconstruct anything as you should be able to build
yourself a tick bar of any size.

What am I missing here?