Re: Help choosing an online broker

Adrian-

I used Trade Wall Street as my first online broker
when I began direct access intraday trading over
3years ago.

I don't know about there current offerings and
reliability. However, I can tell you that it was one
of the worst experiences I had with a trading firm.

Continual dropped connections. The Software that I was
using at the time offered by them was call;
ECN-Direct, also, Madware, and Insta-Quote or
something of the like. They were basically really
cheap and unreliable knock-offs of Real-Tick.
Constantly either freezing up or even worse I'd loose
partial functionality. e.g. 1-min. chart might freeze
up but the 60min. *might* still work.

I had multiple systems even back then so I tried there
software and services across multiple platforms and
still the same problems.

I have to be honest and give credit to the Cust. Serv.
Reps. that worked there at the time. They were always
responsive on the phone, and tried their best to help.
Bottom line there infrastructure was weak and they
were ill equiped to offer reliable service.

All the talking in the world isn't going to help when
your're short 5000 QQQs and the market starts on a
tear to the long side, and there befuddled mumbling
about a system reboot "might" fix the problem!

I switched to Tradestation a day later and never
looked back. My hardware is solid and there platform
is too. I've run some buggy code on TS that others
have given me. Even with those types of issues,
overall the platform has run reliably for the past 2
years.

all the best,

mike ball