Re: data feed search

We actually have thousands of users on our Internet feed in addition to
nearly 100,000 on our satellite services.  The number of 100 you received
would have been related to the number of developers on IQFeed, but the
real number is closer to 200.  As for filtering, we have never filtered
bad ticks from the exchange automatically.  Some customers prefer this
because they want to see what the exchange actually sent.  Others don't
want to see these potentially erroneous spikes.  Thus, we are working on a
method that will enable the developer to choose what to do with suspect
ticks.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

"Michael Tepper" <miketep@xxxxxxxxxxx>
01/14/2004 09:56 AM

<Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
data feed search

Hello,

I need a quote feed for stocks which has an API available.  I am looking
add a data feed as a back up to my current service. (Quote.com using their
API to collect minute by minute data on stocks, futures).  If anyone is
using a program via API to access another data feed, I would be interested
in talking with you.

I looked at DTN -- my programmer thinks their API is immature (they have
about 100 users according to DTN's tech people, but I don't know if that
is
good/bad/indifferent).

I do know that DTN says they have no filtering for bad ticks...although
they
say they are adding that by end of first quarter 2004 (why now?, I don't
know).

Suggestions?
thanks,
Michael