Re: which timeframe is best?

Gary Funck wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Fanning
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 10:20 AM

As you may have read from my introductory post(s),
I work with one of the exchanges, and as such have
access to the clearing house figures.

In my view, most day-traders, as a business,
are long term unsuccessful.  This is mostly true
for floor traders also, to hear them talk you'd
think they are all successful, but again the
clearing house figures do not back this up.

The successful traders, again in my view, are the
dedicated system traders who hold mid - long term
positions (days - weeks).

Is there an analytical justificaion for a particular timeframe being more
profitable versus another? For example, consider the following experiment:

<snip>

Maybe not so much the time frame but the number of trades? and the
resulting  slippage and commissions per trade? These will add up and be
a much more significant portion for someone daytrading vs EOD.

Bill