Re: Silver Prices

donc,

>I'm puzzled.  I have been researching silver prices.  I thought
>that Silver reached $50 an ounce back in 1980.  But all the charts
>I find indicate only $25 at peak.  Did silver 'split' ? Or is my
>memory slipping ?

My historical data shows that silver futures peaked at about $23 on
1/21/1980.

You are probably thinking of reverse-adjusted continuous contracts,
where on every rollover date, the past history is shifted up or down
to make the prices line up on the rollover date.

Reverse adjusted contracts DO show silver peaking above $53 on that
date.

But reverse adjusted contracts aren't real prices.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com