Re: Cable internet with dsl backup

Michael,

Cable and DSL are both all the time services so pipe them both in and
leave them on.  My understanding of Windows is it is a dumbest
Internet/Network connection there is.  Kind of like screaming Hello is
anyone out there.  I have a wireless broadband that is always on and
an ISDN line as backup.  If I leave town I just leave both running the
whole time.  When I'm home I use one of the ISDN paths for a fax line
and the other line if our main house line is busy so I don't leave it
on all the time for Internet but if the wireless broadband goes down I
just click the ISDN and Esignal switches right over automatically.
Not the same as what you are looking at as you will come in with both
cable and dsl via a wan port but if the router will allow both to be
on it should work fine.  56K dial up is the third source, though not
very good but useful if you are in a trade.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

MK> I'm planning on setting up a home office for trading. I have cable
MK> internet, but it occurs to me I should have backup access, presumably
MK> dsl. Is there a way to bring both internet accesses into a point that
MK> allows switching between them? And, better still, is there a way to
MK> automatically switch from one to the other in case of failure (with
MK> advice that the system is doing so)?

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton