TS2000i...how to stop one symbol from collecting for a test period

Because I still have a problem with the Global Server shutting off the data
collection 2-10 times a day(input buffer overflow), I'd like to try turning
off(unconnecting) individual symbols to see if one of the symbols might be
causing to the problem.  Is there a way to "unconnect" an individual symbol.
I tried unchecking the session time but that didn't stop the data coming in.
Is there a way to do this without deleting the symbol and losing all it's
data.

John