Re: tradestation under non-window os

Gooly wrote:

Hi list,

form the viewpoint of net-security would be - I think - the best the good old
OS/2 of IBM. As far as I konw it still exists and is used by banks.

As one who use to run OS/2 Warp, I can support that it is a very stable
OS with excellent multitasking ability.  You may find some drivers
difficult obtain (printer, screen etc), though careful hardware
selection will help here.

If you want to run Win32 applications inside OS/2, you'll need to
install Win2k during your OS/2 install, you'll be able to use Win2k
DLL's, as such could run TS2000i under OS/2.

If you've pulled cash from an IBM ATM machine recently, you've
already used OS/2  :)

So, because it's allmost not available, hackers have no base to work on that
which makes the whole thing pretty secure.

Your referring to security through obscurity, this generally goes
against the philosophy of peer review.  The logic of peer review is if
two heads are better than one, two hundred heads (such as this list)
must be an order of magnitude better.

OS/2 can simply be purchased like any other software package.

Just my 0.01 cent
Calli

Justin