Re: dsl troubleshooting

Chris,

It is nearly always the router.  They lose the connection then don't
want to connect again.  Power the router down wait a min. and power
up.  Or buy a new router.  I'm on my third.  I don't have DSL but it
is the same type connection.  Some of them work really well others
don't.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

CC> Hi gang,

CC> My dsl connection is givng me trouble and I can't pinpoint the problem.  I
CC> wonder if anyone might have any advice. The problem is my computer loses
CC> connection with dsl periodically, usually for a couple of minutes at a time.
CC> My provider, SWBell, says they see no problem on their end. I have a repair
CC> order in with the phone co, as there has been some line static as well.
CC> However, the more I think about it, it seems like there may be another
CC> issue. SWBell says that my account has been logging on once a day or so, not
CC> the dozens of times I have lost connection. It seems as though the issue
CC> might be either the modem, the router (a pretty new smc that normally works
CC> great) or computer. I've tried a direct connect on the computer, but cannot
CC> get the darn sbc software to work right. So I am stumpted. Any suggestions
CC> would be appreciated. Before this started yesterday, there were absolutely
CC> no problems.

CC> Thanks,
CC> Chris

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton