Re: 2000i and HyperServer Lite data connection Problem

I wonder if you are having the same problem I'm having...my data collection
in the global server stops 5-10 times a day but the data is still coming
from the source(DTN IQFeed / Dynastore).  The only clue I've found so far is
that the HistoryBank collection starts up right when my problem
occurs...look in the event log when it happens and if you see the events
flashing by at light speed then go offline and then back online(Global
Server/File  click on work offline then click on work online).  That works
in my case to restart the data collection.

Go to the Event Log and double click on the latest entries and see if you
have the same error message that I found: "input buffer overflow".  In my
case it looks like there is an automatic HistoryBank download starting up
and causing this problem, even though I have turned off all HistoryBank
scheduling.

I may try installing TS2000i next and make sure  HistoryBank is never turned
on.  I may also look in the registry to see if I can find an entry that
controls this automatic HistoryBank downloading.  One other possibility is
to set the HistoryBank to collect at noon on Sundays so it won't cause this
problem during market hours.

Hope this helps.

John