Re: Continuous contracts

Yarroll:

>Could someone share an Excel spreadsheet to help build continuous commodity
>contracts, back-adjusted or whatever-adjusted? {Whatever method, etc.}

I used to do this.  Eventually I found it easier to just buy the data
from Pinnacle; the price was worth my time to keep adjusting the
contracts and managing dozens of different rollover dates.

If you want free data, AnalyzerXL offers (or did last I checked)
continuous contracts that are ratio-adjusted.  It's an Excel add-on that
automatically downloads data.

Ratio-adjusted data is best for historical testing (data never goes
negative, and log relationships between prices are preserved).  You
can't trade from ratio-adjusted data though.

AnalyzerXL is available from http://analyzerxl.com - I like it.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com