From: "LB" <brayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Omega-List@xxxxxxx Com" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 7:42 PM
Subject: Symbol Universe TS4

Hello all...

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to updating the symbol
universe file for the antiquated but still useful TS4? The manual method

of

adding stocks is OK for a few new ones but to update symbols for large
custom lists or to check out significant numbers of new stocks say for
NASDAQ is next to impossible by manual means.
The Omega file is in Access database format (version 2) which has some

type

of a lock which won't allow modifications. The latest universe file (I
think) was updated in 2000....Does anyone have a more up to date version?

It seems like it should be possible to revise the database symbol universe
using a text file or ASCII format listing but one has to somehow defeat

the

lock mechanism to make any revisions.....Any ideas??

Thanks

LB

--

J. Rodney Grisham, Ph.D.                     Revex Technologies, Inc.
mailto:Rod.Grisham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     P. O. Box 940129