Re: TS2Ki: Failed to launch server application

I've been opening the Global Server first since SP1.  It shouldn't
matter but it might.  I would reinstall Ts2ki again.  Do it right on
top of the current instillation.  If it has a problem then go to the
my work folder and rename your workspace.  Then open the program and
build a new workspace and see if that helps.  Any time you get an
error in Ts2ki REBOOT.  It is just like Windows it loves to reboot.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

Thursday, September 4, 2003, 3:33:20 AM, you wrote:

LH> I have lurked this excellent list for a few weeks; I am a discretionary
LH> spoos trader, who is trying to quantify his methods; using TS2000i. Having
LH> just grasped the basics of EL, I have written about 40 simple 2/3 variable
LH> strategies, which are in my PowerEditor (most are modifications of previous
LH> strategies). I am still nowhere near coding my full methodology. I've had
LH> loads of problems along the way :) Am using an Esignal feed at the moment,
LH> together with the API that esignal have recently provided, for historical
LH> data.

LH> I have left about 20 charts, with different strategies applied to them, in a
LH> single TS2000i workspace. This worked fine, until I rebooted my computer (I
LH> only rebbot once every week or so, and run a 4screen setup, if this is
LH> relevant), and before doing so, decided to "save all changes". Now, when I
LH> try to start TS2000i, I get various error messages such as "Failed to launch
LH> server application"; followed by
LH> Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
LH> Fault address:  616D2F42 01:00001F42
LH> C:\PROGRA~1\OMEGAR~1\Program\orsys32.dll

LH> Registers:
LH> EAX:00000000
LH> EBX:00000000
LH> ECX:00000006
LH> EDX:00090236
LH> ESI:0000022D
LH> EDI:00000000
LH> CS:EIP:001B:616D2F42
LH> SS:ESP:0023:0012F4C0  EBP:00000000
LH> DS:0023  ES:0023  FS:003B  GS:0000
LH> Flags:00010206

LH> Call stack:
LH> Address   Frame
LH> 616D2F42  00000000  0001:00001F42 C:\PROGRA~1\OMEGAR~1\Program\orsys32.dll

LH> ...followed by the information that "ts32.exe has generated errors and will
LH> be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program". When I restart
LH> the program, the same loop of error messages ensues. The PowerEditor opens
LH> without any problems, as does GlobalServerAny help regarding how to fix this
LH> problem would be greatly appreciated, and will prevent me from tearing out
LH> what is left of my hair :)
LH> Regards.

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton